Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Army Retreat


There are some perks with Joseph joining the National Guard. One of them is his school is paid for. Also in the middle of Janurary the National Guard had a couples weekend. It was so much fun. We got a free weekend at a hotel. Which as great. They had seminars on relationships. It was so much fun. A couple of chaplains taught the class. One of the chaplains and his wife were LDS and were from Boise. They were so nice and invited us to come see them anytime down there in Boise. We won a gift bag from the conference because we were the first to sign up for it. It was an italian basket with fun goodies and food. On Saturday night we were told to go on a creative date spending no more than 10 dollars. We went to the dollar store and picked a gift that reminded us of the other person. Joseph got me a loofa and I got him a razor. Then we went to the fire place at the beautiful CDA, resort and wrote love poems about each other and read them to each other. Then we went back to the hotel and got in our swimming suits and played in the pool. We had so much fun tossing each other around and playing motor boat (I swear we need kids, because without them we treat each other like a child). One time Joseph took me and bounced me up and down while going in a circle. There was another couple that joined in with us and a couple of kids started bouncing up and down. The whole swimming pool was full of waves and laughter. We had so much fun, I think I was laughing so hard that tears were coming out of my eyes. I was so much fun. One of my love languages is quality time. That night we spent some sweet quality time that really made me love Joseph so much more and I really felt his love that night.

No comments: