Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bread making, a new love.



Ever since we've been married I have started to make homemade bread. When we moved to Northern Idaho from Utah the good homemade bread was just too expense, 6 dollars a loaf. So I just started making my own bread. We have a Bosch store here, owned by a member family that we know, and they offer bread making classes. www.wishfulkneads.com is their website. We invested in a wheat grinder and over 450 pounds of wheat berries. So each week Joe finds me in the kitchen baking bread. I've learned how to make sprouted wheat bread, which is healthier and tastes just as good. Here I am soaking the wheat so they will start start to sprout.

3 comments:

Justin & Allison Harmon said...

That's way awesome...i would love to do that...maybe in the future when we have a bit more time and money. Way to go!

Steph H said...

Wow, that's great! Adam loves homemade bread. Maybe you should post your recipe so we can give it a try. I'm impressed at the domestic homemaker you are!

Brynne said...

Yep, you inspire me to learn, Angie. You little domestic lady. :)