Sunday, November 1, 2009

Labadee, Haiti












Our first stop on Monday was Labadee, Haiti. It's a private piece of land owned by Royal Carribean. We basically enjoyed the beach and ocean. It was David's first time swimming in the carribean. I stepped on a sea urchan and got four black spikes that went into my right foot, that was not fun. It took over a month for them to come out. Luckily they didn't hurt when I walked on them. For lunch the ship brought out a big bbq and fed the whole island, since the island was basically only those that came from the ship. The ship was too big to pull right up to the island so it docked in the middle of the ocean and we took a little boat over to shore. David, Joseph, and I all bought straw hats to help keep the sun out of our faces. My favorite part of Labadee was laying on a hammock with Joseph and feeling the breeze of the ocean wind and the sound of the waves crashing into the shore.



No comments: