Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas party


We just moved to Spokane Valley, Washington so we could be closer to Eastern Washington's downtown campus for Joseph, as he is planning on atttending the school come Jan. The first Sunday I was at church I sat next to a girl I knew from the singles branch. Her calling is to lead the music in Relief Society. When it was time for the closing song her son had fallin asleep on her so I offered to go up and lead for her. The first half of the song was okit was 3/4 then it turned to 9/8 I have never seen 9/8 before. I tried leading 3/4 but it wasn't working quit right. Then I tried 6/8 then 3/4 and still it wasn't working so I just smiled and wrote my name in the air to the beat of the music. Well that night I get a call from the activities director asking me if I am musically inclined because she saw me leading the music in RS. I told her that I like to sing and she asked me if I would like to sing for the Christmas party in two weeks. She already had a song picked out called, "The Most Beautiful Story That's Ever Been Told." I told her "sure, but I am really surprized that you thought I was musically inclinded because I had a horrible time leading that song in RS." She said, "well it was the 6/8 leading that convinced me that you were musically inclinded because most people don't know how to do that." We both laughed. I had a great time performing. I love doing things that stretch my comfort zone and help me become a better person. We sat next to the Shenks in the ward. Brother Shenk is the first counselor to the bishop and they have 3 beautiful kids. They invited us to see Celtic Thunder with them on the next monday at the Arena. So we went and had a wonderful time with them. Brother Shenk majored in finance and works at the Bank of America. Joseph and him love talking stocks together. Investing in stocks as become a new passion for Joseph since all the stocks are 50% off now that that market is not doing well.

1 comment:

Steph H said...

OH Ang, you're just so great! I love your faith in being willing to do anything anyone ever asks of you. And I love the picture of you just smiling away in Relief Society drawing your name with your hand. That's so you (not the confusion, the sweetness). How perfect.